When you lose 90 pounds, you get asked a lot of questions.
"How did you lose so much weight?"
"What do you eat?"
"How do you cook for your family?"
"What exercise do you do?"
"How often do you exercise?"
"What is your motivation?"
In an effort to not only provide some options to those of you that want to shed some weight, lower your blood pressure, feel better, etc. etc. etc. but also to be more accountable in my journey to health, I will answer some of the common questions I am asked and hopefully inspire you to move more and eat less junk and more real food. Please keep in mind that this is what worked for me. Everybody is different, and the same method is not for everyone. Please apply what you can use and don't get stuck on what you cannot.
To lose weight, one of the most important tips I can offer is to know what you are eating, both nutritionally and caloric. Whether you use proportion containers like the Beachbody 21 Day Fix program or log your food (like me), you have to know what is going in. My favorite tool is the free app, My Fitness Pal. You enter your weight and how many pounds you want to lose per week and the program tells you how many calories to net after exercise to reach your goal. Even though the number of calories will seem small, you will find that you can stay within your numbers and not starve if you make the right choices. I trusted the program and it worked for me. If you chose to log, I personally recommend using a kitchen scale to weigh your food.
More to come, but for now I am leaving you with a quick recipe full of fiber and protein to keep you full that I threw together Sunday after church. Quick, easy, and delicious! For "dessert" I had a Gala apple with a tablespoon of nut butter.

No comments:
Post a Comment